Breast Reconstruction in Mesa, Chandler, Gilbert, Arizona
For a number of Mesa women who have been diagnosed with breast cancer, breast reconstruction is a part of recovery. The surgeons of Gawley Plastic Surgery completely understand the requirements of patients with mastectomy, and also of those women who have had poor results from prior surgical procedures. We make efforts to ensure all patients improve their self-image with advanced Mesa breast reconstruction techniques to get the best results possible. Dr. Gawley and Dr. Ong serve patients all over Mesa including the surrounding areas of Gilbert and Chandler Arizona. Breast reconstruction patients choose Dr. Gawley and Dr. Ong because of their extensive breast reconstruction knowledge and cutting edge surgical techniques. Give our scottsdale office a call today to schedule a breast reconstruction consultation.
How is Breast Reconstruction Beneficial for Patients in Chandler?
For Chandler patients who had breast cancer, breast reconstruction helps them feel wholesome again. This reduces the emotional distress due to the sense of loss and helps them regain hope and self esteem. Breast reconstruction in Chandler offers a positive outlook to the patient, which helps in the outcome of their treatment.
This is a beneficial procedure for Mesa women who:
- Underwent lumpectomy or mastectomy
- Are suffering from any defects or abnormalities like absence of chest muscles or missing nipples
- Require corrective surgery due to poor outcome of a past surgery
Be assured that this procedure does not cause your cancer to return . Reconstructive surgery can be planned taking other treatment modalities such as chemotherapy or radiation into consideration.
Depending on your circumstances, you can opt for breast reconstruction right after your mastectomy or even years later.
Breast Reconstruction Options in Gilbert
Here are three options you have with your Gilbert breast reconstruction process:
- Immediate implant reconstruction – this is ideal for you if you have enough tissue to support placement of a breast implant.
- Tissue expander reconstruction –Sometimes, a temporary expander is placed into the space created by the mastectomy. Expanders allow surgeons to create a optimal breast shape for placement of the final implant, which is performed a few months after.
- Flap reconstruction – this is ideal when there is a need for additional tissue or when patients prefer non-implant based reconstruction. Tissue from your back or abdomen can be used for the reconstruction. Gilbert Patients who have had a history of radiation treatments may benefit from flap reconstructive surgery, with or without the use of implants.
Nipple –areolar reconstruction is performed when creation of the breast shape is complete. Other techniques in breast reconstruction such as fat grafting or use of supportive tissue matrix is sometimes used to complement the results.
Scheduling a Breast Reconstruction Consultation in Mesa
Our surgeons will discuss all of the options with you and also answer any questions you may have about breast reconstruction in Mesa during your consultation at our Scottsdale office. This ensures you receive the best procedural option for your specific needs. Call our office today at 480.696.6397 in order to schedule your consultation. Dr. Gawley and Dr. Ong proudly serve breast reconstruction patients all over the Mesa area with many patients also coming from Gilbert and Chandler, Arizona.