Breast Lift in Scottsdale and Phoenix, Arizona
There are many reasons why women’s breasts begin to sag in Scottsdale. It could be the effects of aging or gravity. It could be a result of considerable weight loss, or your breasts may have begun sagging after pregnancy or breast-feeding. It is possible to regain a more youthful appearance to the breasts with a breast lift in Scottsdale. This also repositions your areolas and nipples, once again making you feel more confident and desirable. Do not worry about having to recover in the hospital from your Phoenix breast lift surgery, because it is performed on an outpatient basis so you go home right after surgery.
Know the Benefits of Breast Lift Surgery in Scottsdale
A breast lift brings together the tissue of your breasts giving them a fuller appearance. However, it does not add any volume to your breasts, which is why most Scottsdale women combine it with a breast augmentation procedure. This helps you get the beautiful perky breasts you have always wanted – or once had. Additional benefits of a breast lift in Scottsdale include:
- Breasts are lifted to a more youthful position
- Breasts are more even and proportionate
- Excess skin is removed from the breasts
- The areola and nipple get repositioned higher
We look forward to discussing your goals as well as the available options for your breast lift surgery during a consultation at our Scottsdale office.
Types of Incisions During Breast Lift Surgery
Your surgeon will discuss the four basic incision types during your Scottsdale consultation to decide which one is right for your specific needs:
- Crescent incision – this is primarily for subtle ptosis (droop). Your surgeon will use this to remove only a small crescent shaped piece of tissue from above the areolar region.
- Concentric incision/ Donut lift – this is primarily for minor ptosis. This allows your surgeon to provide a little more lift than what the crescent incision allows. This is made around the areola.
- Lollipop incision / Vertical lift – this is primarily used for medium amounts of ptosis. In addition to the concentric incision, your surgeon also makes a vertical incision down to the breast crease.
- Standard incision/ Anchor lift – primary purpose of this is to correct a more pronounced amount of ptosis. In addition to the lollipop incision, you will have a horizontal line hidden in the breast crease.
Recovering From Breast Lift Surgery in Phoenix
After the incisions are made and the excess skin is removed, the incisions are closed following reshaping of the breasts. The lines from the incisions on the breast surface remain visible, but those in the creases remain concealed. Though these lines are permanent, most women have found them to diminish with time. It is obvious that we all want to minimize the visibility of scars during a Phoenix breast lift surgery. However, it is imperative to trust the suggestion of your board certified surgeon regarding the kind of incision that is required for your specific case. The anatomy of your breast drives this decision. By following your surgeon’s advice, they will ensure you achieve the desired results from your breast lift surgery in Phoenix.
Scheduling a Breast Lift Consultation in Scottsdale
If you are ready to begin your breast lift journey, give our Scottsdale office a call today to schedule your one on one consultation with one of our board certified plastic surgeons to see which option is right for you. During the consultation, your surgeon will go over your specific reasons and expectations for wanting a breast lift in Scottsdale and will answer any questions or address any concerns you have. Gawley Plastic Surgery serves patients from all over Arizona, most of whom visit from Scottsdale and Phoenix for their breast lift needs. Give us a call today at 480.696.6397 to schedule your breast lift consultation!